Next PAL training TBA.
programs goal is to educate parents in the IEP process
towards achieving a more meaningful IEP.
Participants in the program who complete the IEP training will receive a certificate of completion. As a PAL you would be eligible to attend IEP meetings with other parents for a fee. Parents would contact you directly to engage your services. The suggested fee for a PAL at an IEP attendance could be as much as $150.
Pal Training is for groups of 10 or more. Arrangements can be made by calling our office at 888-433-2232.
This is a nuts and bolts program. You will be taken through the IEP process, given practical tips and resources to ensure that your IEP will reflect your best for your child. The following materials will be handed out that will support your input into the actual IEP meeting.
Letters (Request for Records, Assessments, IEP)
2. Sample IEP Meeting Agenda
3. Tips to a More Efficient IEP
4. IEP Planner
5. IEP Requirements (Team Members, Content) and Checklist
6. Writing Goals, Checklists and Modifications
7. California Content Standards - 3rd grade sample
8. Independent Education Evaluations
9. Glossary (Terms and Abbreviations)
10. Helpful Resources and Websites
this program would hope to assist you in receiving all the
services to which your child is entitled it is understood
that each IEP is made up of individuals from different school
districts with varying backgrounds and expertise. Therefore,
the participants will determine the actual result of the IEP.
However, a proper IEP is the basis for possible success at
the due process level.
Parents and therapists working with special needs children, who wish to take the program for their own personal education are also encouraged to attend.
A2Z P.A.L. Program gave me the resources and confidence to
meld my life experiences into a successful career that works
around the rest of my life."
Jeri Suchand - single mother of a child with Asperger's Syndrome
I wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful training experience on Saturday. Not only was it extremely helpful on both a personal and a professional level, but it truly confirmed my choice of career paths. It was really exciting to see how fulfilling your careers are. My favorite part of the day was went we got to meet the children and share their scenes with them! They were amazing! I really look forward to helping out with your upcoming projects.
* PAL's are not employees of A2Z and are not authorized to practice law or offer legal advice. Any advice you receive from the PAL is not neccessarily the advice that would be rendered by an attorney. You must contact the PAL directly and retain and pay the PAL personally. PAL's bill at $25 per hour. The average cost of attending an IEP with a PAL would be $100 for the 4-hour IEP and 2 hours, or $50 for a meeting prior to the IEP.
Special Education Attorney Jane Dubovy defines the acronyms IEP, IDEA, FAPE, LRE, OT, LAS, RT, APE, BID, BII, and IEE.
Every Child Deserves a Certain Amount of Dignity